Insurance and deductible
Which insurance policies do you need? What happens if the car gets damaged? And what happens with the deductible? You can read it all on this page. This gives you peace of mind that everything is properly organized for a worry-free car rental. Don't feel like thinking about the particulars? Then check out our Worry-Free selection. These cars meet the most important requirements.
Insurance included as standard
Deductible: should you take out extra coverage for this or not?
If the rental car gets damaged or stolen, you must pay a deductible. In addition, you must pay a large deposit in advance with a valid credit card in your own name.
- The deductible is often high.
- The deposit is high.
- If the vehicle gets damaged, things can get quite expensive.
If you take out a covered deductible, you must still pay a deposit when picking up the car. If the car gets damaged, the rental company will charge this deposit to your credit card. We will then refund this amount.
- Cheaper than local insurance policies
- The full deposit is always returned to you.
- You have to pay a deposit at the rental location.
What happens if you choose a car with zero deductible? In most cases, you will pay nothing at all. Sometimes you must still pay a deposit at the rental location, although it will be less. In the event of damage, this will be covered by the rental company.
- No deposit, or much smaller deposit
- Everything taken care of, no hassle
- Higher rental cost